I finished the channels on my 18th c stays! Woohoo! It's not as pretty as I wanted them to be because I gave up and just machine sewed them rather than hand sewing them but it looks fine. I should have a good pair of stays by the end of the week. They are still red and green silk which means I have to make sure I don't wear anything the slightest bit transparent over them. I could just run around in my stays in petticoat but I really hope to finish the dress by the end of the month too.
The bodice to the 1580's dress still needs work. I sewed up a couple of the seams wrong it turned out and so I have to take those out and then resew it. Boo.
I found my camera!
I got a pink toaster! (Not the BSG kind, like a real toaster for bagels and stuff.)
I caved and got the Twilight Director's notebook. It actually has some good info on the costuming that will be helpful later.
I think I figured out a pattern for the 17th c gown finally. I want to wear it for the Labyrinth ball in July. Yeah, I think I'm going to go to that just to take pictures and wear a pretty dress.
Note to self: Go get 3 1/2 yards of khaki twill tomorrow after work.